The main ingredients of cordyceps are cordycepin and adenosine - active substances whose presence in the fungus determines the quality of the cultivation. They can play a role in a wide spectrum of biological processes, for instance in intercellular transport of energy. Other active ingredients are polysaccharides, cordycepic acid and vitamin A, B, C, E, 16 among acids, superoxide dismutase (SOD) as well as zinc, selenium, magnesium, iron and potassium.
- Enhances the body’s general resistance.*
- Improves appetite, beneficial during convalescence.
- Energises, increases stamina, reduces fatigue, which can improve sports performance.
- Displays antiviral and antibacterial properties against e.g. Staphylococcus aureus.
- Helps balance blood sugar metabolism.
- Supports the respiratory system, especially lung efficiency and oxygen utilisation (accelerates cell adaptation to low oxygen levels).
- Enhances male potency.
1 – 2 capsule of the preparation may be taken twice a day. The preparation should be taken on an empty stomach between meals with warm water.
It is important to remember that cordyceps preparations cause to a large extent calcium a washout effect in the body, thus it is recommended to simultaneously take calcium supplements that can alleviate the calcium deficiencies.
The supplement is not to be used by pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers or children under 12 years of age. Cordyceps preparation may disrupt the action of some immunosuppressive drugs (medications reducing the activity of the immune system used e.g. in transplant rejection prevention), therefore remember to inform your doctor about its use.